Saturday, October 7, 2017

Tentang Nina Harfin #11

The first rotation after long holiday was internal medicine. I stayed at hospital until 9-10 pm, every single day. That was nothing compared pediatric or obs/gyn rotation, but he started to feel uncomfortable already. How would I explain to him that I was so tired I couldn’t call him? Or that I had to wake up so early to do so many homeworks and couldn’t let him know that I had woken up or that I had went to hospital?

“So sorry, but you had to understand that my rotation would be a lot like this,” I told him.

And I told him for times.

We argue a lot, followed by a lot more of discussion. 

I didn’t like picking a fight. I was the kind of person to leave just like that and throw ‘terserah’ whenever I wanted because I didn’t wanna think about stuffs. I didn’t wanna debate, I didn’t wanna negociate; those things need effort and I didn’t think most of my previous relationships worth the efforts.
But then I thought, I couldn’t do that if I wanted us become a team.

And that was the very first time I tried my diplomacy ability, to compromise to a man I had known only for few months, to discuss, to listen more and try to understand more, to ask what I really want. I would never do that if it wasn’t for him.


Extra: but after that, he handled my busy schedule way much better. Hands down to this guy who didn’t get texts from me during day and night that frequent yet he still tried his best to understand.
It was so much more than I had given, much more than I had expected.

No comments: